What is a Point Based Immigration System? How one can apply for a foreign visa through point based system?
When you are planning to move to a new country, you must have heard someone saying that you need to follow a point based immigration system.
Also, you must have read online as to how a few countries allow the immigrants through a point based system of immigration.
So, what exactly this point based immigration system is? If you also have this question read below to find the answer.
What is a Point Based System of Immigration?
Today, many countries have got a point based system of immigration, i.e. Australia, Canada, New Zealand, etc.
In a point based system a country chooses skilled workers to live and work in their country, based on their profile score.
A profile score is obtained by allocating points to each profile factor, such as, qualification, age, working experience, language proficiency level, etc.
How it works?
A Point based system of immigration is a stepwise process:
- Create/Register your profile on the online system of the country you are applying for visa.
- Submit an EOI (Expression of Interest) mentioning all your key profile details, i.e. age, education, etc.
- You will get points for your each profile factor, i.e. qualification, age, work experience, language proficiency, etc., the total point earned for each factor makes your cumulative profile score.
- Get an ITA– If your point score is high enough to impress the authorities, you will get an ITA (Invitation to apply) for desired visa.
- You get a definite time frame to submit your application for visa, i.e. usually 60 days.
- Apply for visa attaching all essential documents along with health and character certifications.
What are the key documents you need to apply in a point based immigration system.
The list of documents needed to apply is as follows:
- Language Proficiency Test (i.e. IELTS for English) with appropriate score in all three abilities, i.e. listening, reading, and speaking. This is one document that is required by the immigration process of the most countries.
- ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) is done to verify your original documents, i.e. degree, diploma, certificates, etc. It has to be done by a recognized authority, i.e. WES (World Education Services). Canada asks for ECA report to apply in its online point based system.
- Skill Assessment: Skill assessment is done to confirm whether you possess the skills for the occupation you have chosen to apply for a visa. It has to be done by an assessing authority that is recognized in that particular country. Australia usually asks for skill assessment report.
Hope you have got an answer to most of your questions now. However, if you are wondering where to get support from to apply, here is how you can get assistance to apply in point based system.
How to apply in a point-based system of Immigration?
As confirmed earlier, most of the countries today have point based system to allow immigrant in their country. If you are not familiar with online terms or complex immigrant guidelines it is suggested that you take services from a reliable and registered immigration consultant.
To get further details about the point based immigration system in different countries, you can call the immigration expert at Visas Avenue Immigration on contact nos. 011-48447777 (Delhi) or 080-46668222 (Bangalore). Alternatively, you can also send your queries to the email id- [email protected].
You may also visit the website, i.e. Visas Avenue for inclusive information, updates, articles, blogs, and posts about the immigration system of different countries in the world. Visas Avenue immigration is a premier Immigration Consultancy service in India, specialized in Canada and Australia immigration.
Disclaimer: Visas Avenue does not deal in any type of job or job assistance services. Visas Avenue is not a job recruitment agent or job service provider. Visas Avenue does not offer consultancy on / overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.