What are the accepted language tests for Express Entry?
Completing an Express Entry profile is the first step towards permanently immigrating to Canada as a skilled worker. In this process of completing an Express Entry profile, every applicant is required to undergo an English or French language test and submit the results along with meeting other eligibility requirements for Canada PR.
It is a mandatory requirement for a skilled applicants under Express Entry to demonstrate his/her language skills in either of the two official languages of Canada, i.e. English and French.
You are supposed to submit a language test result to meet the eligibility criteria of all three federal economic immigration programs managed under Express Entry system:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
Accepted Language tests
As mentioned, to prove your language skills you must take any of these IRCC approved language tests:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) General Training version
- CELPIP (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program) General test version
- TEF Canada (Test d’évaluation de français)
Language Standards- Express Entry
In this test, an applicant must meet minimum requirements of all four language abilities, which includes the following:
In order to measure your language levels, the IRCC use:
- Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) – For English
- Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadien (NCLC) – For French
However, the language standard that you must achieve majorly depends on the program you are applying for.
Minimum language requirements:
|Federal Skilled Worker Program||Federal Skilled Trades Program||Canadian Experience Class|
|First official language
Speaking and listening- CLB 5
Reading and writing- CLB 4
|NOC 0 or A
|Second official language
Speaking and listening- NCLC 5
Reading and writing- NCLC 4
Please note, your test results must be of less than 2 years old while submitting the application for permanent residence.
Language Testing Options for Express Entry
The IRCC (Immigration, Refugee, Citizenship Canada) doesn’t provide language testing for Canadian immigration. You have to get the examination done by a “third-party” which is approved by the Canadian government.
You must schedule and take an English or French language test from an approved agency and have to pay the fee accordingly for writing the test.
The next step is to enter your test results into the Express Entry profile along with your Personal Information Number (if asked). Additionally, you must submit the results along with your application if you get an invitation to apply for Canada PR otherwise the IRCC will not process the application.
Please note, always keep the original test with you as the IRCC may ask for it at any point of time.
Connect with Visas Avenue for expert classroom or online language coaching
If you are willing to move to Canada PR through Express Entry and want to score maximum points for your language skills, you may get in touch with Visas Avenue for professionals language training for Canada immigration.
We have a team of certified trainers who guide the aspirants in preparing for language test exclusively for all 4 abilities from the comfort of their home.
Following are the key highlights of our language coaching service:
- Exclusive online or classroom training from certified trainers
- Flexible class schedules
- Detailed course material that emphasizes on improving Writing, Reading and Speaking
- Regular mock and practice tests to monitor your progress
- Easy availability of weekend classes as per client’s convenience
- Option of booking exam dates on behalf of an applicant
- Easy interaction with trainers for individual feedbacks
- Video and audio tutorials for better understanding
Apart from language coaching, our qualified visa and immigration consultants also assist you with different Canada PR stages, like, case analysis, free profile assessment, visa filing, documentation, letter drafting, visa follow-up and much more.
To begin the process, you may reach us on Toll-Free Number- 78-18-000-777 or may drop your queries at email@example.com.