The Primary Doubts of Subclass 189 or 190 Visa Australia!
The elementary difference between the subclass 189 and subclass 190 visas is that in the case of subclass 190 you would need to be nominated by an Australian State/ Territory Government agency. The visas for permanent Residents are points tested visas; you will need to have sufficient skill points to get to the pass mark. If you are evaluating a nomination by a state or territory government you must be prepared to settle in that state or territory after a period of time.
What are the norms of Independent Subclass 189 visa?
This Independent Subclass 189 visa is for points tested skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or nominated by a state or a territory government. To submit a complete expression of interest, you must me accomplished in English Language skills and a positive skills assessment for your nominated occupation. If you receive an invitation, you will have time of sixty days to apply online for the visa. During that, submit an Expression of Interest. In the course of that time, you cannot change the information in your expression of interest.
What is Subclass 190 visa?
This visa is for points tested skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory government agency. It allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
To be able to apply for this visa you need to submit an Expression of Interest and then be invited through Skill select to apply. You can be in or outside when you apply and when the visa is granted.
If you are interested in making yourself available for the state or territory nomination for this visa, you can indicate this in your EOI. If you are interested in a particular state you will have an option to indicate this state, or you may choose to be available to all the states and territories if you do not have a preference.
If you accept a nomination there are few obligations these states require you to meet:
- Remain in the nominating state for at least 2 years,
- Will keep the state or territory informed of changes in your address details before and after the arrival,
- Be ready to meet any other requirements of the nominating stare.
Both of these permanent resident visas let you and any of the family members who have also been granted this visa to:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enroll in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care expenses
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if one is eligible)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for the permanent resident
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will be needed a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia.
Requisites of these visas-
- Be older than 18 and less than 50 years of age
- Meet all the components of English language proficiency
- Be able to score at least 60 points in the test
- Have skill assessment for the occupation.
- You must provide documents to support your application for this visa.
- The government authorities can make a decision using the information you provide when you lodge your application.
- It is in your interest to provide as much information as possible with your application
- All the supporting documents must be scanned and uploaded with your application.
- All the provided documents must be certified copies of original documents.
- Do not include original documents unless specifically requested to do so by the department. Documents which are not in English must be accompanied by accredited English Translations.
It completely depends on what kind of nomination you get for the 190 and in 189 you are free to search a job, get experience and settle in the desired state of Australia. The checklist of documents is almost same in both the visas subclass. The only difference is for the processing time. For Subclass 189 it takes up to 8 weeks for assignment of the case officer and up to 12 months for the granting of the visa. And up to 6 weeks for assignment of case officer and after that up to 6 months for granting of the visa.