5 Things You Must Know About Point Based Immigration System in Australia
By Rajneesh Kumar
Posted on May 12, 2015
The Australia is one of the best countries to live and work in the world. Blessed with beautiful landscape, Diversity of Culture, breathtaking monuments and architecture, Modern and phenomenal lifestyle, Australia is the first choice for tourists as well as immigrants seeking Working, Visiting or Study Visa. This country offers lots of opportunities for Employment, Career and Lifestyle. This is the reason that huge number of immigrants travel to Australia every year. Lets discuss the main features of the Australia Immigration Point System that is used to allow the people to work under various skill categories in Australia:
What is Australia Immigration?
- Need To Submit Expression of Interest in SkillSelect: Australia offers a conducive environment for employment and work for the visitors coming from all parts of the world. If you are looking for a career and employment in Australia, first of all, you would require to submit an Expression of Interest through SkillSelect. The SkillSelect is an online service through which the Government of Australia, manages the skill wise Migration to Australia.
- The Program is based on Government’s Economic & Skill Needs: The SkillSelect Service has been designed in such a way that it caters to the Economic Requirements of the country and also allows them to segregate the suitable immigrants interested in Australia Immigration in order to work in a specific area or territory in Australia.
- How SkillSelect Operates: As already mentioned, you will be considered for skilled visa, only if you have submitted the Expression of Interest (EOI) on Skilselect. The EOI that you will submit is not a Visa Application, however, it will help the authorities to determine your Australia Immigration Eligibility based on the basic details given by you in the form, i.e. Education, Work Experience, English Skills, Nominated Occupation and Personal Information, etc.
- The Types of Visas You Can Apply Through Skill Select:
Mainly below five Visas can be applied through an Expression of Interest on SkillSelect:
- Skilled Nominated Visa.
- Skilled Nominated or Sponsored Visa
- Business Talent Visa
- Business Innovation and Investment
- Skill Independent Visa
Apart from above five categories, below 3 types of Visas can also be applied after receiving the invitation from the SkillSelect Approved Australian Employer:
- Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa
- Employer Nomination Scheme Visa
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa
- Occupation Ceiling Criteria: The Occupation Ceiling shall be applied to the point based skilled visas of the General Migration Programs. The Occupation ceiling is employed in order to prevent the domination of just a few occupations in the country’s Immigration System, as there is a huge inclination observed towards the occupations of certain categories, i.e. Applications & Software Programmers & Accountants. Hence, there is a pro rata arrangements have been applied to such occupational groups. This arrangement might change during the year based on the number of EOI received and the change in the interest of the Immigrants towards various Occupations.
If you are not familiar with the Australia Immigration Guidelines, or SkillSelect, but want to submit EOI on SkillSelect, you may get in touch with a reliable Immigration Expert, who can guide you through the whole procedure and help you get Working Visa Invitation. The Visas Avenue is one of the leading Immigration Consultancy Services that has a team of well qualified and experienced Immigration Experts, helping the clients qualify the Immigration Procedures of various countries, i.e. Australia, Canada, USA, UK, Denmark, New Zeland, Hong Kong, South Africa etc. to get the Visas under various categories in quick and hassle-free manner.
Disclaimer: Visas Avenue does not deal in any type of job or job assistance services. Visas Avenue is not a job recruitment agent or job service provider. Visas Avenue does not offer consultancy on / overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.