Want to visit your spouse in Australia? Know about Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) & Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100)
Australia is immigration hotspot country for various reasons. The higher employment rate, high living standard, advanced economy, high GDP, and modern lifestyle, etc. Magnetize a huge number of migrants from all parts of the world. As far as India is concerned, there are thousands of skilled workers from India have been immigrating to Australia every year. However, many a times they are not able to take their partners along with them on receipt of visa approval, as they are not often certain about timely approval of their visa or the atmosphere they will be facing in Australia. However, once they are well settled, they want their partners also to visit along with them.
If you are also planning to Immigrate to Australia, to meet or stay with your spouse, you must know about the key aspects linked with the Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309).
The Key Features of Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309)
The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) permits you to stay in Australia if you are the spouse or de facto partner of:
- A permanent resident of Australia
- Citizen of Australia
- Eligible citizen of New Zealand
The partner provisional visa (subclass 309) is initial step towards getting a Permanent Partner visa (subclass 100). However, you need to file only one application and also need to pay for only one application fee. It will take around 2 years separately to get your application processed. You need to be out of Australia, while applying for the Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309), whereas for the Partner Visa (Subclass 100).
Benefits of Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309)
The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) enables you to:
- Work in Australia
- Come to Australia and live here till the time a permission is granted for your permanent Partner visa
- Pursue your studies in Australia, without any government funding
- Get enrolled in Medicare, – a healthcare scheme in Australia.
After approval of Permanent Visa
Once you are granted a permanent visa, you will be able to:
- live in Australia on permanent basis
- study as well as work in Australia
- make an application for the Australian citizenship (provided you are eligible)
- sponsor other relatives for a permanent residence
- get social security payments
- Frequently visit in and out of Australia for 5 years from the visa grant date – after that you would need another visa to come to Australia.
You must be sponsored by your Partner in Australia
You need to be sponsored by your partner who needs to be:
- A citizen or permanent resident of Australia or an eligible New Zealand citizen
- Married, or in a de facto relationship with you, or intend to marry you before the visa is decided
- More than 18 years of age.
How to apply for Partner Visa in Australia?
Apart from the above guidelines and procedures, there are various aspects and internal things, which needs clear understanding before you actually apply for the Partner Visa under a specific category. As an incomplete application or the application missing any procedural facts or documents, may lead to rejection and you may lose your quality time and effort due to the process delay. In such a scenario, help and assistance from a reliable Visa Consultancy Services can prove immensely vital in understanding the complex immigration procedure and visa categories.
Visas Avenue is one of the leading Immigration Consultancy Services that has been guiding and assisting thousands of Immigration Applicants regarding immigration to hotspot immigration countries, i.e. Canada, Australia, USA, UK, New Zealand, South Africa, Germany, Hong Kong, etc. for the last few years.
You may contact the Immigration Expert at Visas Avenue or can fill the free assessment form available on its website to get the vital help and assistance regarding filing a visa application under the most suitable category and getting a guaranteed approval well within time.
Disclaimer: Visas Avenue does not deal in any type of job or job assistance services. Visas Avenue is not a job recruitment agent or job service provider. Visas Avenue does not offer consultancy on / overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.