New Regional Visas of Australia to Start on 16th November- Find out the Key Benefits
By Rajneesh Kumar
Posted on November 5, 2019
Australia has already announced to start two new regional visas towards the end of this year, i.e. on November 16, 2019.
Now, less than 15 days are remaining in the implementation of the 2 new regional Visas of Australia. This is the reason that applicants and experts are eager to know the key benefits and features attached to these two new Visas. The curiosity is quite high considering that the new visas will replace existing and popular visa categories, i.e. Subclass 489 and Subclass 187 visa.
Let’s find out more about the launch, implementation, and benefits of the two new regional visas of Australia.
Overview of 2 new Regional Visas
The new skilled regional provisional visas have been designed for the skilled migrants, and their family members, willing to live and work in Australia- the land down under. Following are the two new skilled regional provisional visas going to start from November 16, 2019:
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa Subclass 491: It has been designed for the applicants who are nominated by a State or Territory government or sponsored by an eligible family member to live and work in the regional part of Australia. It will replace the existing Subclass 489 visa.
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa: It is meant for the applicants sponsored by an employer in regional Australia. This new visa will replace the existing Subclass 187 visa.
New Regional Visa Conditions
An immigrant who holds any of these new skilled regional provisional visas shall require living and working in regional parts of the Oz. The above regional visas will be issued with a validity period of up to 5 years.
Moreover, holders of the above new regional (provisional) visas will be able to apply for a Permanent Residence visa. The Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa 191, which will start from November 2022.
Also read- Visas Avenue Obtained High Number of Australian Visa Approvals Between April and June 2019
Key Benefits of New Regional Visas
The employers in the regional parts of the country will have access to extra-regional occupations for priority processing of regional visa applications and to sponsor migrants. There will also be extra points for some Points-tested migrants, who are sponsored to immigrate to and settle in regional parts. Find below the list of benefits the new regional visas will bring:
- Based on the latest occupation lists, the Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa will have access to more than 450 added occupations compared to closest non-regional equivalent visa, and the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa will have access to more than 70 added occupations compared to the closest non-regional equivalent visa.
- The validity of the regional visa Subclass 491 will be for 5 years
- 5 extra points for regional nomination or sponsorship provide an extra incentive for prospective migrants to consider settling in regional parts of the country.
- Permanent Residency pathway available with upcoming Subclass 191 visa
- 25,000 new visa places being allocated annually for regional visas.
- Employers in regional parts, as well as State and Territory governments, who sponsor regional skilled migrants, will get access to increased occupations compared to the corresponding non-regional visas.
- Priority processing provisions will be extended to comprise all visa applications sponsored by regional employers as well as other visa applicants who will live and stay in Australia’s regional areas.
- 491 & 494 subclass visa holders will be eligible to enroll for Medicare
- 491 & 494 subclass visa holders will be able to move between the regional areas unlike 489 subclass
- Except Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane rest all will be considered as Regional Areas.
- The ACT is also sponsoring a 491 subclass visa, which never use to sponsor the regional visa i.e., 489 earlier. Canberra, which is the capital city of Australia.
- Access to the Regional Occupations List – more jobs compared to non-regional lists.
- International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa.
- Priority in negotiating region-specific Designated Area Migration Agreements (DAMAs).
Apply for Visa in Australia through Visas Avenue certified Immigration Expert
Visas Avenue is a trusted Visa and Immigration Consultancy Company in India that offers world-class immigration solutions and services to individuals looking to apply for visa in Australia. Every year, a huge number of visa applicants apply visa for Australia under the guidance of MARA member and also get approval for the same.
If you want to apply for PR Visa, Visit Visa, Family Sponsored visa, Student Visa, in Australia, You may call Visas Avenue migration experts on Toll-Free Number- 78-18-000-777 to get inclusive help and assistance in the immigration process. Moreover, to get your eligibility checked and subsequently, receive a call from the expert, you may fill the free assessment form.