Is this the right time to apply for Canada PR?
By Rajneesh Kumar
Posted on September 6, 2021
Every year Canada welcome tens and thousands of newcomers on the PR visa, and approximately 60% of them immigrate via the Express Entry pathway. Moreover, Express Entry is the fastest Canadian immigration program for a skilled foreign national to obtain a Permanent Residence visa.
If we talk about this year, until date, the Immigration, Refugee, Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has issued a record number of invitations for Canadian Permanent Residency (PR) Visa via Express Entry, i.e., 105,779 ITAs.
Express Entry- An ideal pathway to Canadian PR
The IRCC is still left with four months and has already invited many Express Entry candidates. Thus, by conducting four Express Entry draws a month, the IRCC swiftly moves towards meeting or even exceeding its annual immigration target, i.e., 108,500.
Thus, if you plan to immigrate to Canada but the current Pandemic situation stops you, this is the perfect time to start your process. However, it takes approximately 8-12 months in completing the entire process via Express Entry. Therefore, we suggest you create your profile now.
Express Entry Application Process
The Express Entry is designed to electronically manage and process all the PR applications under the following economic class immigration programs:
- Federal skilled worker class
- Federal skilled trades class
- Canadian experience class
Here are the steps you may follow to apply for Canadian permanent residency via Express Entry:
- Step 1: Find your eligibility for any one of the three economic immigration programs mentioned above.
- Step 2: Get your supporting documents ready, like English or French language test results, age proof, Passport or other travel documents, education and skilled work experience proof, etc.,to prove your eligibility.
- Step 3: Submit your EE profile online,and if found eligible, the IRCC will accept you into the pool of candidates. Inside the pool, you’ll get a score and a rank using a point-based system called Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
- Step 4:If you are among the highest-ranking candidates, you’ll get an invitation to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
- Step 5: Submit your final and complete electronic Application for Permanent Residence (eAPR) of Canada within 60 days. Also, all the supporting documents and application fees.
Documentation requirement for Express Entry
As mentioned, after receiving an ITA (Invitation to apply) for Canada PR via Express Entry, you have total of 60 calendar days to submit your final PR application. Along with an eAPR, you must submit the following documents:
- Identification proof based on your circumstances, like valid Passport or travel document, birth certificate, adoption certificates (if applicable), marriage or divorce certificate (if applicable), document to prove genuine relationship (in case of Common-law/conjugal partner), marriage, and death certificate (if Widow).
- Valid English or French language test results
- Work experience documents, including employment reference letters from each employer you have worked for in the past ten years with job title, average working hours per week, salary, list of job duties and dates.
- Education documents, including certificates, diplomas or degrees for each post-secondary study, transcripts copies for each study program, Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report for education gained outside Canada.
- Proof of settlement funds to prove that you have enough money to support yourself and your family once you move to Canada. You need to submit proof of funds only if you applying under Federal Skilled Worker Program or Federal Skilled Trades Program.
- Medical examination and police clearance certificates are required to prove your admissibility to Canada. In addition, it is mandatory for you to prove that you are in good mental and physical health and don’t have any criminal background. Finally, you must ensure that you don’t pose any risk to Canadians.
If you are willing to move to Canada in 2021, this is a perfect time. Discover your chances by taking our free profile assessment online. Or, you may talk to our team of visa consultants for assistance on a Toll-free No. 78-18-000-777.