How to get Australian Skilled Migration from India?
The Australia is the prime destination for the skilled migrants across the globe. Several Australian visas provide the candidates a chance to live, work and get settled in Australia. India is one among the key sources of immigration to Australia. Tens of thousands of individuals every year travel to Australia on different work visas. If you are also an Indian, planning to live and work in Australia, I will update you with the key process, following which, you can obtain the appropriate Australian visa from India.
What are the key Requirements to apply for Skilled Migration visa in Australia from India?
To become eligible to apply for Australian PR visa, you must attain the following:
- First of all, get your documents ready for submitting the application for a Skilled visa
- Get your credential assessment done by a relevant assessing authority recognized in Australia
- You need to be proficient in English, get the language certification from IELTS as per the criteria
- Once you are done with your documents, explore the in-demand occupations in various states or territories in Australia as per their SOL (Skilled Occupation List) or check the CSOL (Consolidated Skilled Occupation List)
- You may also explore the latest in-demand occupation list launched is of Canberra- the capital of Australia. Its ACT (Australian Capital Territory) list of in demand occupations.
- Choose the occupation to apply for PR visa, among any of the above-skilled occupation list as per your plans and requirements.
- Health and character certifications may be required later on.
(Note: With effect from April 19, 2017, Australian Government has replaced the old Occupation lists, i.e. SOL & CSOL with new Skilled Occupation lists, i.e. Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) & Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL).
The visa applicants, eligible to nominate an occupation from STSOL, also have access to some occupations in MLTSSL. Hence, both the lists (STSOL & MLTSSL) have been combined to form a new Combined List of Eligible Skilled Occupations and hence, there is no separate STSOL list.)
What are the key Australian PR or Skilled Visa categories to apply for an Indian?
You can basically apply for the two major PR visa streams:
- Skilled migration visas: You can apply for the visas in this category provide you have the skills and experience required in Australia, apart from the other requisites as listed above.
Below are the key visas in this category:
How to Apply for Independent Skilled Migration Visa?
To apply for skilled migration visa, you would require applying in SkillSelect, electronic immigration system of Australia. You need to submit an EOI (Expression of Interest) on SkillSelect choosing the occupation (in demand in Australia). Gather and get ready all your required documents before you submit online EOI. If your profile is selected by Australian immigration Authority, you will get the invitation to apply for the visa within 60 days.
How to Apply for Sponsored or nominated visas?
You can apply online for a Sponsored or nominated PR visa. You need to create an ImmiAccount and submit the online application mentioning all your profile details, i.e. skill, age, work experience, language proficiency, etc. get all your documents ready in advance before you create an account and submit the application online. As it’s a sponsored/nominated visa, you would also require Nomination Reference Number, obtained from your employer to submit an online application.
How an Immigration Consultant can help you apply for the visa in Australia?
If you are applying for the visa in Australia from India, for the very first time, it is advised that you apply under the supervision of a reliable immigration consultant for Australia immigration in India. The Visas Avenue has earned a huge reputation for being the top immigration advisory and consultancy service for Australia and Canada visa and immigration procedure.
The Immigration Specialists at Visas Avenue sit with you, understand your visa requirements and immigration needs, and accordingly suggest you the appropriate procedure and visa option to apply. Moreover, they help you in the key immigration procedures, such as submitting online applications, filing visa, documentation assistance, follow up for visa approval, etc.
You may fill the free assessment form to book an appointment with an immigration expert now. Alternatively, you can call the expert at our Toll-Free No:78-18-000-777 or you can email: [email protected] for details.
Disclaimer: Visas Avenue does not deal in any type of job or job assistance services. Visas Avenue is not a job recruitment agent or job service provider. Visas Avenue does not offer consultancy on / overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.