Everything you should know about Saskatchewan New Tech Talent Stream
By Rajneesh Kumar
Posted on April 6, 2022
If you are an IT professional looking for Canada PR, Saskatchewan New Tech Talent Stream will make an ideal option for you.
Introduced on March 7, 2022, this new tech talent immigration pathway is a part of Saskatchewan’s International Skilled Worker Category. Via this stream, employers in Saskatchewan can now recruit and retain global tech talent under 11 eligible occupations listed below:
- 0213 Computer and information systems managers
- 2133 Electrical and Electronics engineers
- 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- 2171 Information System analysts and consultants
- 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
- 2173 Software engineers and designers
- 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- 2175 Web designers and developers
- 2281 Computer network technicians
- 2282 User support technicians
- 2283 Information system testing technicians
How to qualify for SINP New Tech Talent Stream?
The new tech immigration pathway launched under Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) accept candidates who are already working in Saskatchewan or have been recruited from outside of Canada.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have a SINP Job Approval Letter (employer-specific) for any eligible technology sector occupation.
- Score a minimum CLB level 5 (if not working in Saskatchewan) or CLB level 7 (if applying through) Express Entry
- Have a minimum of 12 months of work experience in an eligible occupation gained in the past five years; or at least six months of experience working in Saskatchewan
- Have finished post-secondary education
- Qualify for professional licensing in Saskatchewan if your occupation is listed under NOC 2147 (Computer Engineers), NOC 2173 (Software Engineers – not Designers) and NOC 2133 (Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
What are the eligibility requirements for Express Entry candidates?
If you are already in the Express Entry pool of candidates, then along with meeting the requirements mentioned above, you must:
- Have an Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Code
- Be living outside Canada or have legal status in Canada
- Ensure that you are not a refugee claimant
- Meet the language criteria for Express Entry program
- Qualify for any one of the below listed economic immigration programs managed under Express Entry:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
What is the minimum work experience requirement for SINP New Tech Talent Stream?
You need to meet the minimum work-experience criteria. There are different sets of requirements for candidates who are applying from Saskatchewan and those outside or inside of Canada.
- Work experience criteria for candidates applying from Saskatchewan-
- You must be currently working in Saskatchewan.
- Have at least six months of experience working for an employer (full-time) offering a job in an eligible tech occupation.
- If not working for the supporting employer full-time for a minimum of six months, then must have at least 12 months of work experience gained in the last five years.
- Work experience criteria for candidates applying from outside or inside of Canada-
- Must have at least one year of work experience in a high-skilled related occupation gained in the past five years in the intended occupation
How to apply for SINP Tech Talent Pathway?
To apply to the SINP tech talent program, you may follow the step-by-step process listed below:
- Create an online account
- Upload the completed forms and documents as a PDF
- Submit your final application online
To seek assistance with the Canada PR application process as a provincial nominee program, like SINP, you may connect with our immigration advisor at Visas Avenue on Toll-Free Number– 78-18-000-777 or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you may also discover your eligibility to apply for a Canada PR visa in 2022 by filling out our free assessment form online.