Canada PR via Express Entry or Student Visa? -Which One to Choose for Immigration to Canada

by By Rajneesh Kumar

Posted on May 24, 2017

Immigrate to Canada

Canada is one of those countries that have the history of immigration. It invites and welcomes immigrants from all parts of the world without any discrimination. A reasonable part of its population is immigrants or has the origin outside Canada. However, tens of thousands of people who aspire to move often get confused about choosing the right visa program to immigrate to Canada.

The question that puzzles most Canada immigration aspirant is whether to choose student visa or Permanent Residency (PR) for immigration to Canada.

Canada PR via Express Entry

This is the most popular pathway for Canada immigration. Every year, tens of thousands of people register on federal express entry system and subsequently, get PR in Canada. It’s one of those permanent residence programs of Canada, which doesn’t compulsorily need Sponsorship from Canada from applicants. Express entry is the federal immigration program of Canada. It is an online immigration system, which is based on CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System). The CRS reviews the registered express entry applicants based on their age, education, experience, language skills, etc. factors and accordingly give them a definite point score called CRS score.


Also Read- Which is the Best Canada Immigration Program to Get Canada PR in 2017?

Candidates with top CRS score get the ITA (Invitation to Apply) for Canadian Permanent Residency (PR) from Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in its fortnightly draws. This year IRCC has drastically reduced the qualifying marks or CRS score requirement from applicants in all the periodic draws of express entry system. Hence, this year, more than 40,000 candidates have received ITAs (Invitations to Apply) for Canada PR till May 17, 2017. So, we can say that year 2017 is the best time to apply for Canada PR via federal express entry system.

Moving to Canada via Student Visa

To move to Canada on the student visa, you must apply and get accepted by a particular Canadian educational institution to pursue a definite course of study. As per the recent immigration rule changes by the Canadian government, you can also get CRS points for your Canadian educational credentials, to apply for PR via federal express entry system. However, once you move to Canada on the student visa, you must have money to support your stay as well as pay your tuition fee. Moreover, since you will not be having a professional opportunity ready right away, managing expenses can be tough on you as a new immigrant in Canada.

Hence, if you are eligible to apply for Canada PR via express entry system, and have good CRS score as well in express entry system, wise thing is to apply for PR and not the student visa in Canada.

Need assistance to apply for relevant PR Visa in Canada?

If you are looking to apply for relevant PR visa program in Canada, i.e. Express Entry System, QSWP, SINP, OINP, NSNP, etc. you can send an e-mail to to confirm your eligibility status and get inclusive documentation assistance for Immigration to Canada from certified Canada migration experts. Alternatively, you can call on Visas Avenue Toll Free Number- 78-18-000-777.

Disclaimer: Visas Avenue does not deal in any type of job or job assistance services. Visas Avenue is not a job recruitment agent or job service provider. Visas Avenue does not offer consultancy on / overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.

Leave a Comment:

Add a comment

Contact Us