The Key Things You Must Know While Applying for a Study Visa in Canada
The Canada is a wonderful country to live, work and study. The transparent Government Policies, ideal work conditions and excellent education system in this part of the world, attract thousands of immigrants every year to apply for Canadian Visa. The students too, immigrate to Canada in good numbers every year, due to the ideal education system and policies here. However, the overseas students need a study permit to study in Canada.
Eligibility Conditions to study in Canada
- Your candidature must be accepted by a Designated Learning Institution in Canada
- You would require proving that you have sufficient funds for the following things:
- To pay your tuition fee
- Accommodation expenses for you and your family member (If anyone came with you)
- Return transportation for you and the family member (If anyone came with you)
- You need to be a law-adhering citizen, having no criminal record to threat the Canadian law and order.
- You need to be in good health and willing to perform a medical examination if required.
- You must convince the immigration officer that you will leave Canada on completion of your authorize stay in the country.
- Subject to your Citizenship or the location where you live, you may also need TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) to enter Canada. You may refer CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) website for further details regarding the same.
What is a Study Permit?
A Study Permit is a printed authorization issued by the concerned officer allowing the foreign students to study in Canada.
It becomes invalid 90 days after your study program is completed.
The program is considered complete, when you receive a notification of program completion from your educational institution.
Who all are exempted from Study permit?
You do not require a study permit to study in Canada in following cases:
- In case you opted to study in short-term program or course, i.e. a course that lasts in six months or less.
- Under the Visiting Forces Act of Canada, if you are a member of foreign armed force, you do not require a study permit to study in Canada.
- In case you are a family or staff member of a Foreign Representative in Canada, recognized by DFATD (Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade & Development Canada), you are exempted from Study Permit.
- If you are a citizen of another country, however you have got a Registered Indian status in Canada; you would not require a permit to study in Canada.
How to apply for a Study Permit:
If you have got the letter of acceptance from the Educational Institution you wish to study, you can apply online for a study permit in Canada. However, remember to keep the below things ready:
- Scanner or Camera to create the electronic copies of your documents, in order to upload the same with your application. (You may check the list of documents needed on the CIC website.)
- Need a valid credit card to pay the necessary charges.
The Canadian Immigration System and Visa process gets updated on a regular basis, hence, you may get in touch with our Immigration Specialist at Visas Avenue for latest updates and process details.
You may also fill the free assessment form available on our website to let us assess your profile and contact you with appropriate advice and Procedure updates.
Disclaimer: Visas Avenue does not deal in any type of job or job assistance services. Visas Avenue is not a job recruitment agent or job service provider. Visas Avenue does not offer consultancy on / overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.