How Easy is it to Get the Australian Permanent Residency for an Indian Citizen?
If you are immigrating to a new country, you have to follow various immigration rules, procedures and guidelines.However, if you are thorough with the process, follow the rules and instructions diligently and provide the genuine documents, you make your pathway hassle free at the end of the day.
Hence, immigration to Australia on Permanent Residence as any other country is easy and a bit challenging at the same time.
Immigration to Australia from India on PR Visa
When you are moving to Australia from India, the things are often not that difficult as both India and Australia share a chemistry and history of immigration. Every year, a huge number of skilled workers, students, and visitors immigrate to Australia from India.
Hence, there is a sense of awareness is always there about Australian visa process and life in the Land Down Under, as some or other among your known people must be living or lived in Australia in the past.
How to Get PR in Australia from India?
The Department of Home Affairs, Australia has an online and point based process for allocating the Permanent Residence visa to the skilled workers, i.e. General Skilled Migration Program (GSM).
The GSM has three main visa categories, i.e.
- Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
- Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa Subclass 491
The former two are permanent visas only, while the third one, i.e. Subclass 491 visa is a point tested provisional or TEMPORARY visa, which is issued by the Department of Home Affairs, Australia for 5 years only.
However, this 491 visa also provide you the Permanent Residency pathway, once you have spent enough time in Australia.
Stepwise Process for Australia PR
- Check your occupation in the relevant Skilled Occupation List of Australia.
- Collect key documents required to submit EOI Profile inSkillSelect, i.e. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and Skill Assessment report from approved authority
- Submit EOI in SkillSelect system, the score must be at least 65 points or above.
- Wait for the ITA (Invitation to Apply).
- The IRCC will issue invitations to the top ranking profiles
- On receipt of invite submit complete PR application along with documents within 60 days
- The immigration office will issue approval in your name
If you need assistance to apply for Permanent Residency in Australia, you may get in touch with Visas Avenue- the leading and reliable Immigration Advisor and consultant.
To start your Australia immigration and PR process at earliest, you may call us on Toll-Free No. 78-18-000-777 or you can drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.