PR in Australia from Abu Dhabi- Choose the best Visa Category to apply
In the last few months, Turnbull Administration in Australia has announced several changes in immigration programs and visa categories of Australia. The frequent changes have made most of the Australian PR Visa aspirants concerned about choosing the right visa category or program to obtain permanent residency in Australia.
Abu Dhabi in UAE has been a key city from which several applicants apply PR in Australia. However, in the absence of right guidance and knowledge, several applications get rejected every year. Australia although, has a very organized point-based immigration system, however, its multiple visa categories and linked guidelines, often confuse the applicants.
How to choose the best Australian visa category
Well, to select the right visa to move to Australia, it’s important to assess your immigration type or category, i.e. you are looking to immigrate to Australia temporarily or permanent basis. In case, you are planning to permanently settle in Australia, you require applying for the Skilled Permanent Residence (PR)Visa. A Skilled PR visa allows you and your eligible family members to live, work, or study in Australia permanent.
Key PR skilled PR Visas
Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 visa and Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa are the two key permanent skilled visas in Australia under the General Skilled Migration Program (GSM). Both these visas are point tested visas, which allocate permanent residency to the applicants.
However, there is a key difference between both the visas. Subclass 190 is the state nominated visa, hence, to apply for this visa, an applicant to first needs to acquire the nomination from an Australian state or territory government agency. On the other hand, for subclass 189 visa, there is no such requirement.
How to apply
You can submit Expression of Interest (EOI) for both the visa categories, through online SkillSelect System of Australia. You need to register your profile in SkillSelect and obtain minimum 65 points based on age, education, work experience, language ability, etc. criteria. The DIBP will invite the top ranking candidates through monthly SkillSelect invitation rounds.
Here are the key eligibly requirements to apply for this visa:
- You must have received an invitation to apply (ITA) via online SkillSelect system to apply for this visa
- Your occupation must reflect in the list of eligible skilled occupations of Australia.
- If applying for Subclass 190 visa, need to obtain nomination from an Australian state or territory
- You must obtain minimum immigration points (65 or above) in SkillSelect system based on age, education, work experience, language skills, state nomination, etc. criteria.
- You need to be under 45 years of age while applying for this visa
- Need to have a good IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score to prove your proficiency level in the English language
- Other basic criteria of this visa category.
Lastly, in case, you need advice, assistance or support to apply Permanent Residency (PR) Visa in Australia, you may get in touch with certified Australia immigration expert at Visas Avenue Immigration. You may call immigration expert on Toll-Free Number- 78-18-000-777. Alternatively, e-mail your queries to Visas Avenue e-mail id- email@example.com.