Applying for PR in Canada? – Know About the Marriage & Family Laws in Canada
Canada is the most preferred country for raising a family for various reasons. It’s not just a developed nation with fantastic infrastructure, but also a country that takes pride in its multicultural communities, ancient civilization, strong family values and perfect settings for raising a family. The family life and civilized society of Canada are being protected and prospered by the family laws in Canada. Let’s know more about the family laws in Canada that bind together its cultural heritage and family values.
Laws in Canada with regard to Marriage and Family
In Canada, the marriage is given the utmost importance as it’s the foundation of a prosperous family life and subsequently the society. Below key laws are associated with marriage in Canada:
- There is a law in Canada against marrying more than one person at the same time. Coming to Canada with more than one spouse is also not legal.
- The law in Canada also disallows you to marry a person who is already married, irrespective of the fact where marriage has happened. The remarriage is only allowed if you have taken a divorce from your spouse or the spouse is no more.
- In Canada, it is also against law, if you are forcing a person into marriage, even if you are a family member, i.e. Father, brother, etc. of the person being forced to marry.
- If any woman is being forced to marry, she has a right to file a complaint against the same to the police or relevant authorities.
Marriage and Immigration
- In Canada, it is considered an offence to marry a Canadian permanent resident or citizen, just to get an easy entry into Canada.
- There are people who arrange or fix the marriage or common-law relationship, in order to get the spousal sponsorship for immigration to Canada, which is completely unethical and illegal.
- Any permanent resident or citizen of Canada found allegedly involved in a marriage of convenience for the purpose of immigration can be charged with the illegal offence.
Laws with regard to Divorce
The rules of divorce in Canada are defined under the Divorce Act of Canada.
- Only Canadian court can provide a civil divorce.
- Any of the wife or husband can file a divorce.
- However, the relevant evidence has to be provided to the court confirming that a marriage has ended and that adequate provisions have been made for the support of kids (if any).
- The divorce taken legally in another country, usually considered legal in Canada.
It is advisable to get an Assistance from a Reliable Immigration Consultant for Immigration to Canada
There are various aspects and internal things, which needs clear understanding before you actually apply in any of the immigration programs or for the Canadian Visa under a particular category on receipt of the invitation. In such a scenario, help and assistance from a reliable Visa Consultancy Services can prove immensely vital in understanding the complex immigration procedure and also know about the post-landing services, i.e. Federal benefits & Services, housing and accommodation, job opportunities, community services, etc.
Visas Avenue is one of the leading Immigration Consultancy Services that has been guiding and assisting thousands of Immigration Applicants regarding immigration to hotspot immigration countries, i.e. Canada, Australia, USA, UK, New Zealand, South Africa, Germany, Hong Kong, etc. for the last few years.
You may contact the Immigration Expert at Visas Avenue or can fill the free assessment form available on its website to get the vital help and assistance regarding filing a visa application under the most suitable category and getting a guaranteed approval well within time.
Disclaimer: Visas Avenue does not deal in any type of job or job assistance services. Visas Avenue is not a job recruitment agent or job service provider. Visas Avenue does not offer consultancy on / overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.