Key Changes in Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) of Canada – Who will reap the benefits?
With the new changed announced by Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) of its popular Express Entry System of Canada immigration, the buzz is around as to who will now get the benefit out of these changes. Every applicant and aspirant of Canada immigration is concerned thinking about the impact of new changes on its candidature. However, to understand its impact on you as an applicant, you must understand the significance of CRS and newly announced changes in it.
What is Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS)?
The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) is the point system of the Express Entry System based on which the IRCC allocates points to the candidates registered in the system. The candidate who obtain higher CRS point score, receive Invitation to Apply (ITA) to apply for permanent residency in Canada from IRCC through its periodic draws. The CRS score of the candidates is determined as per the points they score based on their profile factors, i.e. age, work experience, qualification, language skills, etc.
What are the key changes introduced in the CRS?
Here are the key changes announced:
- Points for job offer in Canada
The points for job offer will be allocated 50 or 200 CRS Points, based on the NOC (National Occupational Classification) job category of the applicant (i.e. 0, A, B), as per the new arrangement. Earlier, flat 600 CRS points used to be allocated for the job offer in Canada.
The 00 – the major NOC group occupations will get 200 points whereas, the occupations falling under any other category will get 50 points.
- Points will be allocated for few Non-LMIA job offers
Now, the points will also be allocated for a few job offers without LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment), such as:
- Immigrants in Canada on a NAFTA work permit or
- People who are in Canada as Intra-Company transferee.
The LMIA is essential to obtain by the employers looking to sponsor a skilled worker outside Canada to work under most of the occupation categories.
- Points for Canadian Educational Credentials
Now the points will also be allocated for the Canadian educational credentials, as per below arrangement:
- 0 points- In case the foreign national has a secondary school educational credential
- 15 points- In case the foreign national has an eligible credential from a one-year or two-year post-secondary program; and
- 30 points- In case the foreign national has either:
- A post-secondary program of three years or more
- Master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an NOC A occupation.
- A university-level program at the doctoral level
This is a crucial change announced by the Canadian government, which justifies their commitment to make the pathway for Canada PR easier for the international students in Canada.
Who will get the benefit of these key changes in CRS?
There are two key applicant categories, which will be greatly benefited from the new CRS changes in the year 2017, i.e.
- The applicants who have got the job offer from Canada without LMIA (i.e. immigrants on NAFTA work permit and Intra-Company transferees) will get the huge benefit from the new changes announced in CRS.
- The international students will Canada will also get the crucial benefit from the new CRS points arrangement. They will now get the valuable immigration points in express entry system to apply for PR in Canada.
Need Assistance to apply for PR in Canada?
If you seek assistance to apply for Canada immigration and PR in 2017, Visas Avenue can be your crucial mentor and immigration partner. Visas Avenue Immigration is the top Visa and Immigration Consultancy Company for Canada. You may call the immigration experts at Visas Avenue on contact nos. 011-48447777, 011-46194650 (Delhi), 040-42467777 (Hyderabad), or 080-46668222 (Bangalore). You may also forward your immigration related queries to Visas Avenue email id- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Visas Avenue does not deal in any type of job or job assistance services. Visas Avenue is not a job recruitment agent or job service provider. Visas Avenue does not offer consultancy on / overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.