Are You Sponsoring Your Spouse or Children to Immigrate to Canada? Key Things You Must Remember
There are Tens of thousands of Individuals in Canada, who come to work, business, or study here, however, got attracted and settled here on a permanent basis. Many of such people sponsor their spouses, children, and other relatives for Canada Immigration every year. If you are also looking to sponsor your any such relative for immigration to Canada, we are providing a few key updates and information regarding the eligibility conditions for the same and other key aspects.
Sponsor your Spouse and Dependent Children to come to Canada
Irrespective of the fact that your spouse, dependent children or common law or conjugal partner is inside or outside Canada, you can apply to sponsor them for immigration to Canada. However, the sponsored members of your family must go through the medical, and security checks for criminal background etc. Hence, they would require getting the Police Certification in their past residing country. To be a sponsor, you must be an adult permanent resident or citizen of Australia, who is ready to take the financial support responsibility of the sponsored person.
Must take Sponsorship with Responsibility
If your sponsored person at any point of time asks for the government support, you won’t be allowed to sponsor another person for immigration to Canada. Hence, do take the sponsorship with a great responsibility.
Below are the key eligibility conditions to be a sponsor in Canada for your family members.
Eligibility Conditions to be a Sponsor
- You must be 18 years or over
- You must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- You must agree in writing to provide a financial support to your sponsored family member, if they need it
- Spouse: In case of a spouse or partner, it is for 3 years from the date of becoming permanent resident
- Dependent child: In case of depended child, it is for ten years, or till the time a child turns 25, whichever earlier
Who cannot be a Sponsor?
You would consider ineligible to be a sponsor in case you:
- Do not fulfill the terms of a sponsorship agreement earlier,
- Failed to pay alimony or child support despite the court order
- Get government financial help for reasons other than being disabled,
- You have a criminal record of any sort.
- You were also sponsored as a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner earlier and became a permanent resident of Canada less than 5 years back
- You have pending immigration loan not cleared, made delayed payments or missed any of them,
- Are in jail
- You have declared bankruptcy and not got over it yet.
Sponsorship of Quebec Resident
Apart from the above, other associated things may also stop you from being a sponsor. Moreover, if you are a resident of Quebec, you need CIC approval to be a sponsor and must also meet the Quebec guidelines for the same.
It is advisable to get an Assistance from a Reliable Immigration Consultant
There are various aspects and internal things, which needs clear understanding before you actually submit Expression of Interest (EOI) in any of the immigration programs or apply for the Canadian Visa under a particular category on receipt of the invitation. In such a scenario, help and assistance from a reliable Visa Consultancy Services can prove immensely vital in understanding the complex immigration procedure and also to know about the post landing services, i.e. Federal benefits & Services, housing and accommodation, jobs, community services, etc.
Visas Avenue is one of the leading Immigration Consultancy Services that has been guiding and assisting thousands of Immigration Applicants regarding immigration to hotspot immigration countries, i.e. Canada, Australia, USA, UK, New Zealand, South Africa, Germany, Hong Kong, etc. for the last few years.
You may contact the Immigration Expert at Visas Avenue or can fill the free assessment form available on its website to get the vital help and assistance regarding filing a visa application under the most suitable category and getting a guaranteed approval well within time.
Disclaimer: Visas Avenue does not deal in any type of job or job assistance services. Visas Avenue is not a job recruitment agent or job service provider. Visas Avenue does not offer consultancy on / overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.