Australia’s Point based immigration System- Here is everything you want to know
Australia is one among those countries in the world, which first introduced the point system for allowing immigrants in the country. Today, a few countries are following the same pattern. However, Australia’s point-based immigration system is largely popular across the world. In fact, several countries are in process to adapt the merit-based immigration system like Australia.
GSM – The Point based immigration system of Australia
General Skilled Migration (GSM) is the point-based system that has two skilled permanent visa categories, i.e. Subclass 189 and Subclass 190 visa. One visa, i.e. Subclass 489 visa is the temporary visa valid for 4 years. All three visa categories under GSM are point tested visas.
How it works?
- Obtain required documents, i.e. IELTS test for English proficiency and skill assessment
- Submit an EOI in the online SkillSelect system of Australia and score minimum 60 points based on age, education, work experience, language skills, etc.
- Higher score will increase your chances of receiving the ITA.
- Now wait for ITA (Invitation to Apply) from the immigration department
- If your profile is selected based on your total immigration point score in SkillSelect, you will receive the ITA (Invitation to Apply) for Australia GSM based visa
- Submit the complete visa application along with essential documents within 60 days.
- If all verifications go fine, you will get approval for the visa.
Australia immigration points table
As per Australia’s point-based immigration system, you get points for various factors of your profile, i.e. age, education, work experience, language skills (English), etc. The table below indicates the maximum points you can obtain for each profile factor.
|Australia Immigration Points Table|
|Skilled employment in the last 10 years – outside Australia||Maximum Points|
|Skilled employment in the last 10 years – in Australia||Maximum Points|
|A Doctorate degree from an Australian educational institution or a Doctorate from another educational institution that is of a recognised standard.||20|
|Australian study requirement||Maximum Points|
|At least one degree, diploma or trade qualification from an Australian educational institution that meets the Australian study requirement||5|
|Specialist education qualification||Maximum Points|
|A Master’s degree by research or a Doctorate degree from an Australian educational institution that included at least two academic years in a relevant field.||5|
|Accredited in a community language||5|
|Study in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area that meets the Australian study requirement||5|
|Partner skill qualifications||5|
|Professional year in Australia||5|
Confused about point system for immigration? Get assistance from the expert
If you are still confused about the point-based immigration system of Australia, you may contact qualified and experienced immigration expert at Visas Avenue. You will get inclusive assistance from the immigration expert right form online EOI submission to visa filing and follow up.
You may contact Visas Avenue immigration experts on Toll-Free Number- 78-18-000-777. Alternatively, e-mail your queries to Visas Avenue e-mail id- [email protected].